Business Insights You Can Use
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic significantly altered our way of working, the need for change in organizations was overwhelming. The pace, complexity, and scope of progress today demands that companies take an agile and integrated approach, changing their business...
With so many employees continuing to work from home, it is important to keep remote employees engaged and excited about their jobs. Here's how. COVID-19 achieved what years of campaigning could not: Making work-from-home the new normal. And now that employees have had...
Would you invest your resources in something that will payoff with higher productivity and better job satisfaction in 80 percent of your employees? Can you think of something that has an ROI as good or better? If not, it’s time to take a serious look at feedback in...
The last year has been a major challenge as we all adapted to the Corona virus pandemic. Just when we thought it couldn’t get any more difficult, it did. Now that we are emerging from the pandemic and beginning to reopen, we’re discovering that challenges to our...
We know you’ve got at least a minute to spare and there may be no better way to invest that time than to learn how to recognize and give constructive feedback in a way that builds organizational trust. The result will be a more productive and stable team. That has to...
Despite being around for decades, email has not become dated. Email is still an online service that people utilize every day for a variety of reasons, which means a mailing list is the most powerful tool in your online marketing arsenal. Cultivating a large, targeted...
People don't leave bad jobs; they leave bad bosses. As a new manager, it's your responsibility to inspire and motivate employees. Your team expects you to provide constructive feedback and reward hard work. It’s a daunting responsibility. Forbes reports that nearly 60...
As companies look for funding to propel a strong rebound off the economic lows of the COVID-19 pandemic, many are turning to venture capital. But VC is a universe unto itself and unless you know the rules and routines, you’re doomed to failure. And even if you do get...
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a long-term endeavor that gets the best results from consistent effort over an extended period of time. Although most business owners are in for the long haul, it is normal to be concerned about how long it will take before you...
Family Owned Businesses Insights
Situations that can harm or destroy a family business are as many and varied as can be imagined, especially those which arise in the middle of an argument. Your problems won’t likely be as famous as the Ford family’s problems – see the in-depth book by Henry...
Mistakes happen in both family businesses and in non-family businesses, however, the reaction in a family business to a mistake is different, but mistakes are equally consequential – to the business. Here is what you need to know to deal effectively with the problem....
Welcome to our discussion of small business issues. In interviewing many people over the years about what one problem stands out in their mind as the most difficult to solve, it is the situation of being given another thing to tackle and resolve when your plate is...
Marrying brings enough complications but when it also involves two family businesses, it brings even more difficulties…
Problem—We are a Dairy Business in a college town. We have three daughters but no sons. Our oldest daughter works with our father as the leadership team. He watches the bottling; she deals with our customers who sell us milk. Our second daughter is the financial...
Problem—Our oldest son is finishing college and will be married. He has worked with us and has a good understanding of our business. He has a good relationship with our father. How do we ensure that he joins us after his graduation and marriage? Answer—It is...
Question—What should we do when we need to hire a person who is not a member of our family? Answer—Look very carefully to find a person who will fit well into your family and do your job well too. This task is probably the most often questioned in family businesses. ...
You Want Your Kids to Join the Family Business – But Your Children May Not Want What You Want. What to Do?
Problem: Our Son is In High School and is on the Jr. Baseball Team which he thinks he wants to pursue when he is out of school. He helps us when we need him if it does not interfere with his baseball. How do we get him to commit to joining our business? Answer: ...
Problem: Our family usually does well working with each other. Of course, there is the occasional disagreement between parents and children where situations in the business result in an impasse where cooperation becomes impossible. Solution: Family business...
Is this you? "Our family is close at work, but it seems like we never get to the problems and issues that divide us in life. This has been going on for years and I am afraid we are drifting apart, emotionally, and living in siloes so we cannot really communicate with...
Sales in The Family Business Have Been Falling Month After Month. How Do You Use the Power of The Family to Fix That?
Sales in your store have been falling for three months. (Use a three-month or other sufficiently long period of time so real trends can be easily seen, i.e., consistently falling over a time period in a way you have never experienced before.) What should you do as...
- The Business Clinic Solves Business Problems
- 24X7 Associate Sign Up
- ARS Service
- Assessments – 24X7 Getting Started and How to Use
- BSA – Business Scan Assessment
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-AZ
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-DEMO
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-FL
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-GA
- Business Scan Assessment (BSA) – The Business Health Checkup
- Business X-Ray Assessment
- Closely Held Company – Are You Protected? Find Out in 2 Minutes
- Closely Held Company Assessment – Are You Protected?
- Company Risk & Safety Program Assessment
- Custom Business Newsletters Keep You in Front of Buyers & Prospects
- Custom Business Newsletters For Your Dealers Help You Move More Product
- Custom Business Newsletters That Put You in Front of Buyers
- Custom FocalPoint Business e-Newsletters Put You in Front of Buyers
- Distance Leader
- Distance Leader Affiliate Program
- Do You Want to Grow Sales in Your Existing Service Business or Create a Second Income Stream?
- Established Phase Business
- Family Businesses Face Unique Problems
- Family Owned & Corporate Small Businesses Consultants, Advisors and Success Counselors
- Get More Leads and Grow Sales
- Get the Best Business Thinking from The World’s Top Experts
- GSBC Business Owner Power Lunch Series
- Guide: How to Prepare for and Cash Out at Retirement
- How Is Your Business Doing? – These Business Assessment Services Will Show You
- HVAC Dealers Webinar Invitation
- HVAC Dealers Webinar Registration Confirmed
- JOIN US
- Member Only Content
- Mid-Stage, Fast Growth Stage
- NEWSLETTER USER SPECIAL RIFM OFFER
- Our Solutions
- Our Team
- Parker Associates Stress Assessment Order Page
- Personality Assessment – Discover Your Personality Type
- Personality Assessment – Discover Your Personality Type Today
- Personality Assessment – Discover Your Personality Type Today
- Reinvention or Harvest Stage
- Renovate, Revamp and Reinvigorate Your Business
- Roadblocks and Headwinds All Businesses Face
- Sales Team Not Closing Deals, Missing the BIG Deals, Complaining
- Start-Up Phase Businesses
- Test – EZE DISC
- Thank You for Your Interest in the Marketing & Lead Generation Solution
- The 3 Biggest Lead Generation Mistakes Small Businesses Make
- The Three Donation and Mission Killers That Threaten Your Non-Profit
- VISIONShop – Introducing “The Banker’s Growth Tool”
- VISIONShop – The Bankers Growth Tool – Associates Information
- VISIONShop – The Bankers Growth Tool – Associates Product & Sales Information
- Want to Increase Franchisee Success and Retention?
- Working With Us
- 5 Top Reasons Business Change Fails
- Watch Your Thoughts…
- Manager’s Minute – 3 Ways to Keep Remote Employees Engaged
- Why Feedback is a Vital Component in Staff Coaching
- 10 Marketing Trends to Keep an Eye on in 2021
- Fortune 100 Companies Will Get It, Small Biz Can Too
- Manager’s Minute – The Role of Constructive Feedback in Building Organizational Trust
- Husband and Wife Get Home From Vacation…
- Leadership Thought
- End Griping and Attitude Problems: 10 Ways to Increase Employee Engagement and Productivity
- Intellectual Capital: What Is It and Why Protect It?
- Managers Minute – How to Handle Conflict in the Workplace
- Why a Mailing List is Your Most Important Online Advertising Tool
- 5 Key Leadership Tips for New Managers
- What to Look for in Venture Capital Funding
- SEO Campaigns: How Long Until You Start Seeing More Traffic?
- Self-Coaching: Learning to Be Constructively Self-Critical
- 6 Commonsense Management Tips
- Common Situations Which Can Destroy a Family Business If Handled Wrong
- Mistakes Happen in Family and Corporations, What Do You Do About Them?
- Essential Distance Work/Home Office Skill: Keep Learning!
- How to Motivate Your Team to Deliver in 2021
- Why Overworking Does More Harm Than Good
- 9 Fatal Negotiation Mistakes People Often Make
- Nov. 19, 2020 – How to Make Networking and Relationship Cultivation Pay Off
- How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy Today That Will Result in Essential Sales Now and Position Your Business for Strong Growth Post COVID
- A Core Problem in Small and Family Businesses
- Session 2 – Everything You’ve Ever Learned About Generating Leads and Growing your Business is Wrong!
- Marrying brings enough complications but when it also involves two family businesses, it brings even more difficulties…
- How to Purchase and Manage Your Domain Name Successfully
- What You Need to Do Today – Strategic Planning for a Post COVID 19 World
- You Want Your Children To Join You In The Family Business. Will They?
- How to Make Your Phone System a Powerful Communications Tool
- Soft Skills vs Hard Skills: Why You Need Both to Be Successful
- How to Maximize Your Time and Be More Productive Today
- Family Businesses Need to Hire Smarter, Here’s How to Do It The Right Way
- Session 1 – Thriving in (and after) Times of Turmoil
- GSBC Business Owners Power Lunch Series
- Are You Ready to Deal With This?
- How To Perform A Business Health Check
- COVID 19 Is Bad Enough – Don’t Fall Victim to Procurement Fraud Too
- You Want Your Kids to Join the Family Business – But Your Children May Not Want What You Want. What to Do?
- What Should You Do in a Family Business When The Parents and Children Disagree?