Business Insights You Can Use
People don't leave bad jobs; they leave bad bosses. As a new manager, it's your responsibility to inspire and motivate employees. Your team expects you to provide constructive feedback and reward hard work. It’s a daunting responsibility. Forbes reports that nearly 60...
As companies look for funding to propel a strong rebound off the economic lows of the COVID-19 pandemic, many are turning to venture capital. But VC is a universe unto itself and unless you know the rules and routines, you’re doomed to failure. And even if you do get...
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a long-term endeavor that gets the best results from consistent effort over an extended period of time. Although most business owners are in for the long haul, it is normal to be concerned about how long it will take before you...
You are a work in progress, but are you working to improve yourself or stuck in self-criticism? Learn to constructively improve your life with self-coaching. The benefits of coaching are obvious. We have all seen people improve thanks to the focused and personalized...
Many people get promoted to management solely based on their technical skills, without any thought given to their management skills. This can leave new managers adrift, and unable to manage effectively. But don’t worry, the solution is here for you. Nothing will...
You take pride in performing at your best, but are you doing too much? Learn why overworking can hurt your company in the long run. Most business owners are on the job at least 50 hours per week, which is 45 percent more than the national employee average of 34.4...
Negotiations can be tricky. While they should be about getting the best deal for all sides, using the wrong words or tone can quickly ruin what should have been a profitable discussion. It is in your best interest to find out what mistakes destroy negotiations so you...
How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy Today That Will Result in Essential Sales Now and Position Your Business for Strong Growth Post COVID
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way consumers shop for products and services. Here's how to create a digital marketing strategy as the economy recovers. Over 100,000 businesses have closed this year due to COVID-19. It how it is affecting businesses. That's why...
Ever since the internet became a digital destination for businesses and customers, companies have vied with each other to get the domain names they want. Choosing (and owning!) the right domain name is important, for several reasons. As a business, for example, a...
The post COVID-19 business environment is just around the corner. Virtually no one was ready to deal with the pandemic, but savvy companies will be fully prepared to take advantage of business and market conditions as the pandemic wanes. Are you in that elite group?...
Family Owned Businesses Insights
Situations that can harm or destroy a family business are as many and varied as can be imagined, especially those which arise in the middle of an argument. Your problems won’t likely be as famous as the Ford family’s problems – see the in-depth book by Henry...
Mistakes happen in both family businesses and in non-family businesses, however, the reaction in a family business to a mistake is different, but mistakes are equally consequential – to the business. Here is what you need to know to deal effectively with the problem....
Welcome to our discussion of small business issues. In interviewing many people over the years about what one problem stands out in their mind as the most difficult to solve, it is the situation of being given another thing to tackle and resolve when your plate is...
Marrying brings enough complications but when it also involves two family businesses, it brings even more difficulties…
Problem—We are a Dairy Business in a college town. We have three daughters but no sons. Our oldest daughter works with our father as the leadership team. He watches the bottling; she deals with our customers who sell us milk. Our second daughter is the financial...
Problem—Our oldest son is finishing college and will be married. He has worked with us and has a good understanding of our business. He has a good relationship with our father. How do we ensure that he joins us after his graduation and marriage? Answer—It is...
Question—What should we do when we need to hire a person who is not a member of our family? Answer—Look very carefully to find a person who will fit well into your family and do your job well too. This task is probably the most often questioned in family businesses. ...
You Want Your Kids to Join the Family Business – But Your Children May Not Want What You Want. What to Do?
Problem: Our Son is In High School and is on the Jr. Baseball Team which he thinks he wants to pursue when he is out of school. He helps us when we need him if it does not interfere with his baseball. How do we get him to commit to joining our business? Answer: ...
Problem: Our family usually does well working with each other. Of course, there is the occasional disagreement between parents and children where situations in the business result in an impasse where cooperation becomes impossible. Solution: Family business...
Is this you? "Our family is close at work, but it seems like we never get to the problems and issues that divide us in life. This has been going on for years and I am afraid we are drifting apart, emotionally, and living in siloes so we cannot really communicate with...
Sales in The Family Business Have Been Falling Month After Month. How Do You Use the Power of The Family to Fix That?
Sales in your store have been falling for three months. (Use a three-month or other sufficiently long period of time so real trends can be easily seen, i.e., consistently falling over a time period in a way you have never experienced before.) What should you do as...
- The Business Clinic Solves Business Problems
- 24X7 Associate Sign Up
- ARS Service
- Assessments – 24X7 Getting Started and How to Use
- BSA – Business Scan Assessment
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-AZ
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-DEMO
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-FL
- Business Advisor, Coach and Consultant-GA
- Business Scan Assessment (BSA) – The Business Health Checkup
- Business X-Ray Assessment
- Company Risk & Safety Program Assessment
- Custom Business Newsletters Keep You in Front of Buyers & Prospects
- Custom Business Newsletters For Your Dealers Help You Move More Product
- Custom Business Newsletters That Put You in Front of Buyers
- Custom FocalPoint Business e-Newsletters Put You in Front of Buyers
- Distance Leader
- Distance Leader Affiliate Program
- Do You Want to Grow Sales in Your Existing Service Business or Create a Second Income Stream?
- Established Phase Business
- Family Businesses Face Unique Problems
- Family Owned & Corporate Small Businesses Consultants, Advisors and Success Counselors
- Get More Leads and Grow Sales
- GSBC Business Owner Power Lunch Series
- Guide: How to Prepare for and Cash Out at Retirement
- How Is Your Business Doing? – These Business Assessment Services Will Show You
- HVAC Dealers Webinar Invitation
- HVAC Dealers Webinar Registration Confirmed
- JOIN US
- Member Only Content
- Mid-Stage, Fast Growth Stage
- Our Solutions
- Our Team
- Parker Associates Stress Assessment Order Page
- Reinvention or Harvest Stage
- Renovate, Revamp and Reinvigorate Your Business
- Sales Team Not Closing Deals, Missing the BIG Deals, Complaining
- Start-Up Phase Businesses
- Test – EZE DISC
- Thank You for Your Interest in the Marketing & Lead Generation Solution
- The 3 Biggest Lead Generation Mistakes Small Businesses Make
- The Three Donation and Mission Killers That Threaten Your Non-Profit
- VISIONShop – Introducing “The Banker’s Growth Tool”
- VISIONShop – The Bankers Growth Tool – Associates Information
- VISIONShop – The Bankers Growth Tool – Associates Product & Sales Information
- Want to Increase Franchisee Success and Retention?
- Working With Us
- 5 Key Leadership Tips for New Managers
- What to Look for in Venture Capital Funding
- SEO Campaigns: How Long Until You Start Seeing More Traffic?
- Self-Coaching: Learning to Be Constructively Self-Critical
- 6 Commonsense Management Tips
- Common Situations Which Can Destroy a Family Business If Handled Wrong
- Mistakes Happen in Family and Corporations, What Do You Do About Them?
- Essential Distance Work/Home Office Skill: Keep Learning!
- How to Motivate Your Team to Deliver in 2021
- Why Overworking Does More Harm Than Good
- 9 Fatal Negotiation Mistakes People Often Make
- Nov. 19, 2020 – How to Make Networking and Relationship Cultivation Pay Off
- How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy Today That Will Result in Essential Sales Now and Position Your Business for Strong Growth Post COVID
- A Core Problem in Small and Family Businesses
- Session 2 – Everything You’ve Ever Learned About Generating Leads and Growing your Business is Wrong!
- Marrying brings enough complications but when it also involves two family businesses, it brings even more difficulties…
- How to Purchase and Manage Your Domain Name Successfully
- What You Need to Do Today – Strategic Planning for a Post COVID 19 World
- You Want Your Children To Join You In The Family Business. Will They?
- How to Make Your Phone System a Powerful Communications Tool
- Soft Skills vs Hard Skills: Why You Need Both to Be Successful
- How to Maximize Your Time and Be More Productive Today
- Family Businesses Need to Hire Smarter, Here’s How to Do It The Right Way
- Session 1 – Thriving in (and after) Times of Turmoil
- GSBC Business Owners Power Lunch Series
- Are You Ready to Deal With This?
- How To Perform A Business Health Check
- COVID 19 Is Bad Enough – Don’t Fall Victim to Procurement Fraud Too
- You Want Your Kids to Join the Family Business – But Your Children May Not Want What You Want. What to Do?
- What Should You Do in a Family Business When The Parents and Children Disagree?
- Why Is It That Even as A Family Business Grows Family Relationships Can Break Down?
- For a Family Business, Which School Should You Send Your Children To?
- Does Marketing Automation Work? Marketing Automation Strategy 101
- Sales in The Family Business Have Been Falling Month After Month. How Do You Use the Power of The Family to Fix That?
- What is the Essential difference between a Family Business and a non-family business?
- Is the Performance Review a Dinosaur in Today’s Workplace?
- When Does A Family Business Not Function as A Family Business?
- The Three Skills Necessary to Lead A Family Business
- Sales Resistance – What to Do About It and Why It’s a Good Thing
- What a Business Health Assessment Involves and How You’ll Benefit
- What is the main difference between Family Businesses and non-family businesses?
- Get An Unfair Competitive Advantage: Train and Invest in Your Team – It’s a Huge Opportunity Right Now
- Leading Your Family and Your/Their Business
- Build Your Business Today the Bezos Way with These Two Tools
- Your Family: How many aspects can you look at?
- Thrive, Not Survive – Reignite Your Passion for Business
- Your Customer
- Remote Management Is Tough: Creating an Effective Culture for Remote Workers
- What’s Going On? Are You Having a Tough Time Wrapping Your Head Around What You See in The Word Around You?
- Agreement Is What Makes a Business a Family Business
- Helping “Outsiders” Fit into Your Family Business Is Not Only Very Profitable, Doing So May Even Save The Company
- 5 Ways Today’s Small Business Owners Can Immediately Stop Wasting Time and Be More Productive
- All in the Family: 10 Unique Problems Family-Owned Businesses Face and How to Overcome Them
- How to Deal with Difficult People in Business and Life
- Sales Training: A Cost or an Investment?
- Whatever Story You Tell Yourself Will Come True
- FAMILY BUSINESS: THE POWERHOUSE OF AMERICA
- 5 Small Business Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Profit & Grow Business Mastery Landing Page 1
- Why Perform A Business Health Check Now?
- Families who are fractured, polarized and not talking are not winners