New coach or not, to get clients you need to get attention, educate prospects, be unique, and have your own brand
What you do is unfamiliar to most business owners. This makes reaching those who are looking for help doubly difficult because most prospects have no idea of the problems you can help them solve.
You know better than anyone that business owners face a host of challenges they don’t always understand. This can make getting them to listen to you doubly difficult and turning them into a client a huge challenge.
However, there is a proven way to do just that, and it’s called the Marketing Equation1 “I.E.E.O.” That stands for:
- Interrupt - Get qualified prospects to pay attention using emotional hot buttons based on the problem/situation they have.
- Engage - Promise to provide the information that will help them make the best decision possible.
- Educate - Provide education to understand the problem in a logical way and make the best decision possible; proving you are an expert and the logical choice to help them.
- Offer - This is where you offer to provide more valuable information, so they get in touch with you.
At this point, you have a self-qualifying prospect who is actively researching solutions to a problem they have with an established relationship with you - and that is a perfect opportunity to gain a client!
Interrupt - Engage - Educate - Offer
A regular educational email newsletter is one of the most effective and well-proven ways to help solve the first three parts of this formula. But it takes more that to make you successful.
Three Mistakes You Need to Fix to Be Top-of-Mind
GET NOTICED AND KNOWN
DEVELOP YOUR REPUTATION
AS AN EXPERT
GENERATE A QUALITY
LEAD FLOW & PIPELINE
LET EVERYONE KNOW YOU
ARE IN BUSINESS
You are invisible. No one knows what your business does, or what problems it solves. For most, you are a virtual unknown in your market segment.
Here is how to start changing that:
- Create an announcement for your local paper and any blogs that cover your market.
- Get a business page out on LinkedIn and Facebook at a minimum.
- Join your local Chamber of Commerce and be at every meeting possible. Volunteer to help.
- Send a regular email newsletter. Put your Gmail/Outlook/Safari or whatever email system you use to work for you. Export your list of contacts and get the word out fast then educate and build a reputation.
- Rekindle old friendships and acquaintances. Let them know you’ve just launched a new business and how they can help.
BE VISIBLE AND SEEN AS A THOUGHT LEADER
Your best way of showing the problems you solve and how you can help while showing your expertise is through education. Create content that poses a problem and educates prospects so they better understand the causes and possible solutions to problems.
Nothing so much informs people about what you do than “Seeing It In Action” in a situation they could imagine themselves or a friend in at some point.
Your solution shows off your expertise.
Here are some ways you can do that:
- Video clips
- Speaking opportunities - Zoom or in-person
- Through a regular email newsletter containing informative, actionable content.
DEVELOP A CHAMPIONS NETWORK
Develop a Champion’s Network of People Who Know and Trust You, Understand what you do, and can refer quality prospects to you.
Your Champions Network is the best source of leads, hands down.
Although it takes effort and time to develop and begin function, it is the key to success.
You don’t need hundreds of people in your network. Just a few key relationships in the right places will give you a regular lead flow of closable opportunities.
Looking for the definitive guide on how to do this? One of our own team literally wrote the book on it.
Get hyper-successful coach Dan Creed’s book “CHAMPIONS NEVER MAKE COLD CALLS”(available from Amazon.)
It is a game-changer.
It’s not who you know, its how well they understand
you can help solve they problems they struggle with
How can you easily create an eNewsletter starting day one – getting you noticed, educating prospects, and growing your credibility and email marketing list?
EZEENewsletters - The hands-free, done for you custom newsletter system
IT MAKES HAVING YOUR OWN NEWSLETTER EZEE!
As a business coach, you are busy and you likely don’t want to spend hours every month and dollars every year sending a newsletter. This is where we come in, we put your having your own newsletter on autopilot.
With our complete solutions, you’ll have a totally customizable newsletter that has the look and feel of professional graphic designer, copy writers and editors, yet you don’t have to lift a finger! Unless you want to…
We take care of all the heavy lifting for you and deliver a professional newsletter experience that helps build your reputation, your brand and, your client relationships.
A FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE NEWSLETTER THAT COMES FROM YOU
Your eNewsletter starts with the strong branding of your business featuring a custom-designed heading (masthead) featuring you logo, image and messaging so no one suspects you didn’t create the newsletter.
- Is easily customized with your contact information, links, social sites, etc.
- Each month, you will have several timely, engaging and value-rich, high-quality, professionally written, and edited articles.
- No “scrapes from other internet content, original articles custom created for the newsletter and not found elsewhere.
- Timely topics and others that are relevant to issues businesses face today
- Engaging headlines and click-producing teaser copy.
- High-quality stock images from top paid resources.
- The full articles are hosted for you so your article has YOUR unique URL so you can use to send people to your article from your email, etc., and know they will see your branding.
BIG FEATURES MAKE THIS EVEN BETTER
- Easily add your own articles, ads, images, content, and more to your newsletter. If you can use Word or can make a blog post, you can do it.
- For each edition, you can easily rearrange the article order of the articles available, even remove any you don’t want.
WE HANDLE THE “PROPELLER BEANIE STUFF”
SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO
You send us your email list as exported from Gmail, Outlook Safari, etc., and we will:
- Clean up the content, format the name and email address.
- Validate the list and remove any bad emails, spam traps, etc. so you have a clean list.
- Load it for you so you are ready to start sending your newsletter immediately. No waiting, frustrating tech stuff, and no gnashing of teeth!
PLUS, WE ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP
We are responsive humans who what to talk to you and get your issues resolved NOW. Phone, email… we’ll be there for you.
Dan Creed, Author of “The Champions Network” and multiple award-winning coach and Area Rep says:
“The FocalPoint eNewsletter is a cornerstone of my Champions marketing strategy.”
Brand Your Coaching Practice With Custom Mastheads
It doesn’t cost you a nickel!
Your ad fund covers it all for you.
Now isn’t ‘free’ a good enough reason to get your own business building newsletter right now?
Sign up now, in only a few minutes you’ll be marketing yourself automatically!
It takes a lot of effort and expertise to do a great newsletter because to be successful, it must provide many essential features:
- The newsletter has to have content your audience cares about.
- It needs to be relevant and offer real value and not just be an advertisement disguised as a newsletter
- Must be interesting and engaging, educational and be free of filler words and have correct grammar.
- The newsletter must have an effective writing style, layout, design
- Give readers something specific to do with what they just learned with a CTA - Call to Action.
- Communicate with powerful headlines that interrupt and high-quality images to “grab” the reader’s attention
- Avoid getting caught in the spam filters by having great content people read so your build an email reputation with the “spam cops.”
We maintain an email Sender Score rating of 99 out of 100 rating, that assures the email delivery services that our content is not spam and gets it delivered.
- Build trust with your audience over time by being consistent and reliably being there, month after month.
- Be sent at the right time, and on the right schedule, so it’s not irritating but is regular enough that you aren’t forgotten
- Make it easy to add to your subscriber list with a subscribe button or your own additions to your email list.
- Handle opt-in and opt-out requests, remove email addresses that bounce before using and minimize people marking your email as SPAM.
- Comply with privacy policies, anti-spam laws, and more.
The reality is that e-newsletters are more effective than ever at reaching your target audience.
While there are other ways to get your message out, there’s no method more cost-effective than one that is sitting in their inbox, interrupting their thoughts, and commanding attention. Especially when it is something they actually look forward to reading!
Contrast that with social media that requires people to visit the site and find you, all the while competing for attention with posts from others and attention-grabbing headlines.
Thinking of running online ads? The high cost of pay-per-click web and social media ads can easily mean paying hundreds of dollars to get one qualified lead.
Your eNewsletter costs nothing and directly reaches those interested in improving their businesses. That is why eNewsletters should be your first step in smart marketing.
Why are education and repetition so important? Mental Markers
With an email newsletter, you stay top-of-mind with your subscribers week after week and month after month, so that when they, or a friend have an issue arise in their lives — you’re the first person they turn to for help.
Education plus repeatedly being in front of people is a proven way to put down a “Mental Marker” in the reader’s mind. That marker will trigger them to contact you when a problem arises, even months later.
It’s one reason email newsletters continue to be one of the most enduring forms of marketing.
WHAT USERS AND READERS SAY ABOUT OUR NEWSLETTERS
“I gather you sent out the newsletter opt-in email, and the good news is that it already got me a client! Well, actually a previous client that I parted ways with during Covid. So I’m already a fan of the newsletter! Thanks!” - Mikke Pierson
“I want to thank you for the hint on using the newsletter article archive as a great go to source of information. I have a speech to give today to a seven person leadership team at a company staffed and run by millennials and I found the perfect article to use as a guide to build my talk in the newsletter archives. So within two days you have helped me deliver a quality talk and got me a new client! Thank you!” - Mikke Pierson
“Thank you for all the effort and hassles you put up with regarding the newsletter…. I reposted an article today, first one in too many weeks. The President of Master (billion dollar plus company) acknowledged it, albeit only a thumbs up emoji.” - Phil Gilkes
“Just a note of appreciation for your use of people of color in your material. Great job.” - Thanks. Norton N. Bonaparte, Jr., ICMA-CM
“Great newsletter! I hope you are staying healthy and safe during all the madness! Becki”
“Thanks, These are helpful articles and interesting reads. Cheers Joyce.”
“Hi Bruce Thanks for the newsletter. I would like to set up a 1-2-1 in the next couple of weeks.” - Robert McGaw
“Would you have time for a quick chat next week. I think I need some coaching or maybe just a pep talk. Been trying to focus on productive things during the shutdown but it’s tough being a new business owner.” - Lynn Krause
“Thanks Gina, always interesting to read your articles. - Lars”
“Hi Tony, It was great meeting with you yesterday! I hope we can find a way to work together on a project. - Eric Braun”
“Great newsletter again this month! I really enjoy reading these, so thanks for sending them out! - Patti Vander Zee”
“Great Newsletter … fantastic content!! - Stacy Saville”
“Great newsletter….especially the Employee Engagement part. - Stu Beckett”
“This one is my favorite yet. I really enjoyed it. - Sam Zee “
“You REALLY do a great job on this newsletter! Just wanted to let you know. - Wendy Bowen”
“Hey Greg, Heck of a newsletter! - Robert Shoemaker”
“Stephen, Thanks for the newsletter! - Carol Ward (Frannet consultant)”
“Very concise, catchy and creative titles! - Stephanie Boeke”
1 The Marketing Equation is from one of the best-selling marketing books in recent times “Monopolize Your Marketplace” by Richard Harshaw. It is timeless and as applicable to printed as to internet advertising as its foundation is the bedrock upon which successful advertising has relied for hundreds of years: how humans buy things.
No gimmicks, no dancing cats, no meaningless attention grabbers that have zero to do with the problem being solved which don’t work form most businesses.
The book is available from Amazon.